First and foremost, DO NOT INHALE your cigar. Other than that there is really no wrong way to smoke a cigar. However, there are some things you can do to look like a pro for your first time.
If it’s your first time smoking a cigar chances are the only things you know about cigars is what you have seen on tv, the movies, or at a family picnic with grandpa Joe. Here are a couple basic rules to follow to look like a seasoned gent.
- Cut once and just the tip.
- Use a match or torch lighter if you can.
- A Zippo or bic lighter will affect the taste of the cigar.
- Don’t hold the flame directly to the cigar.
- Make sure you have a good even light before you start the smoke.
Here’s a more in-depth look and a few drink pairings to try with your smoke.